Crafty Bugger

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:11:55 +0000, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Crafty Bugger wrote:
I think it's called Ellis board. It's a heat resistant board used to
line flues.

I need to saw up quite a bit of it and it seems quite dusty. It looks
like asbestos!

I think you can buy Ellis Board today. Try a BM for info (sheet
materials?). What makes you think it's Ellis Board?

I assume you mean "I don't think you can buy Ellis Board today."

I was recommended to buy some Ellis board (for a project I'm working
on) by a bloke at B&Q. They didn't sell it, but I just buy it at my
local Plumb-Centre. They seem to know what i mean when I ask for a
few sheets of it.

It's fairly crumbly stuff, and looks like there are flakes of metal
embedded in it.

If there is another name for it I don't know it.

What do you mean try a BM?