Default should stainless steel cooker splashback be earthed?

hey,

we're just fitting a new kitchen, and intend to have a stainless steel
splashback behind our dual fuel (gas hob/electric oven) cooker. There's
a chimney style extractor hood above.

Should it be earth bonded? (by law and/or common sense)

I presume if I buy the manufacturers spalshback for =A3100 or so it will
have an earth tag if bonding is required, but I was looking at those on
ebay for about =A330 that i guess are pretty much home made and probably
won't be so particular about regulations, if there are any.

anyone know?

cheers,

rob.