EricP

On 13 Mar 2005 16:34:06 -0800, babbled like a
waterfall and said:

AlexW wrote:
Crafty Bugger wrote:

Never heard of this board.

But if you suspect its asbestos then sawing or taking power tools to

it
is a really bad idea.

not really. there is a minor risk but the public has been scared
witless over them without good cause. You do more dangerous things
every day without batting an eyelid.

Have you considered professional removal?

Professional removers will be happy to charge you a fortune for their
theatrics, and leave it in someone elses dustbin for normal disposal by
the binmen.

NT

I took an old ironing board down the council tip last week. I wisely
removed the small panel of asbestos that the iron sits on, before I
got there. (I foolishly ignored safety precautions as we have used it
for ironing for 25 years, and it is an old friend).

I took this little panel of the stuff and showed it to one of the
guys.

He looked sadly at me and said "As the asbestos bin has been removed
for emptying, we cannot accept it for disposal, sorry".

I turned to walk away and one of his mates, came up to me, took it out
of my hand, smiled and chucked it on the large heap of household junk
he was JCBing.

Problem solved.