George

"Keith" wrote in message
news:1110754339.94c529a89df13f8fe81bf31154e2d9ed@1 usenet...
I have been cutting some oak with a Delta unisaw and the blade set to 45
degrees. The edges don't seem real smooth at 45 degrees but are smooth as

glass
at 90 degree. I'm using a WWII which is about a month old. The cuts are

along
the grain and seem to be tearing along the wood fibers. The poplar wood I

was
using before seemed very smooth at 45 degrees. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Depends on what's going on. Are you seeing blade artifact - arcs from the
teeth and maybe a bit of burn? Might be what Jack said.

If it's just random roughness, see Mike. Remember your board is now 1.4
times as thick, so adjust your feed and hold accordingly.