chris French

In message , dave
writes

Thanks for all the replies. I am aware that water companies fit them FOC.
but I also believe that if I sold the property the new owner would have no
choice but to have metered water even if I decided not to after the free
trial.

I don't think buyers are really concerned as to whether property has
meter or not.

If, as SJW says, they mess about under the sink I would have a problem with
that as my cupboard has the pipework hidden behind it, and you can bet your
life that the fitters are not as careful doing their job as we are when we
do our DIY.

Where it goes I think probably depends on many dependy things.

Ours was installed in the front garden, with a small round metal cover
over the hole. Other than being done after some heavy rain, when the
clay was rather muddy..... it was fine.

I don't remember if internal fitting was given as an option, but I can't
see there would have been anyway to fit it in ours with out some major
remodelling of the pipework
--
Chris French, Leeds