Alan Sadler

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:18:26 -0500, "Alexander Galkin"
wrote:

I am going to build kitchen cabinets and plan to install undercabinet and
inside cabinet lighting. Can someone advise me about the options? What's
advantage of using low voltage over 120V lighting? If low voltage is a
choice when a transformer is placed? Is transformer quite enough? What type
of bulbs are the best? What's the usual spacing between bulbs? And finally
where can I buy good quality undercabinet lighting hardware?

Others describe other options, but I use Juno Trac-12 12volt
undercabinet lighting. It looks like regular trac, but is only 3/8" x
3/4" and available in lengths to 8' For short runs you can use
electronic transformers, but electronic dimmers are pretty expensive.
For longer lengths (& more lamps) we use Federal "Buck 'n Boost"
transformers to 500 watts, requiring less expensive magnetic dimmers
Remember that wire guage for connection is based on amperage, so 500
watts at 12 volts = 42 amps. We hide the transformer in an unused
cabinet space, or between kitchen floor joist accessable from the
basement.

In any case, it is the most flexible, site cutable and provides a nice
warm and even glow on splashes and countertops. We've even used it
vertically inside glass-doored cabinets.

I could give you much more info. E-mail off list if interested.

http://www.junolighting.com/producti...C040 1&SCid=8