kjpro

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...

Putting toe space grills in houses with A/C and a basement or
crawlspace can be a mistake. Normally, the duct is attached to the
floor under the cabinet under the cabinet. This pressurizes the space
under the cabinet with cold air. The subfloor under the cabinet
assumes supply air temperature. If there is any humidity in the
crawlspace or basement, moisture will condense on the underside of the
subfloor. Conditions are then ripe for mold growth or wood rot. Even
if you duct the air all the way to the grille, there can still be
problems. The floor in front of the grille will also approach the
supply air temperatures. About 10 percent of my business involves
fixing problems with damp crawlspaces. The biggest problems are with
houses with toespace grilles Avoid toe space grilles unless you are in
a very dry climate.

First, if I do it, it's ducted all the way to the grill.

Second, I live in an area where humidity isn't an issue.

Your thinking, and sharing your knowledge, that's good.
That's the nice thing about the NG, it's made up of people from all
different areas of knowledge.

kjpro