Norm Dresner wrote:
I think I'll open a car clicker refurbishing shop when I retire later this
year.

The local AutoZone has a poster advertising that they can get factory
keyless remotes. You might try there. Also, Google up "cadillac parts"
(or whatever make your car is). You should be able to find a few
dealers who have an online parts department and are willing to discount.
I recently needed a part for my Toyota. Local dealer wanted list price,
$95. A dealer three states away sold it to me for $70 plus $5 shipping.

One caveat: you may have to do a certain procedure to "marry" the new
remote to the car. Typically, it's something like "put the key in, turn
the ignition on and off seven times, operate the old remote, then operate
the new remote twice, then turn the dome light off and on, then you're
done". There might be directions with the new remote, or it might only
be in the factory service manual. You might ask at the place you buy
the replacement remote if they can advise you of the correct procedure.

Matt Roberds