Mike

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:02:33 -0500, Keith
wrote:

I have been cutting some oak with a Delta unisaw and the blade set to 45
degrees. The edges don't seem real smooth at 45 degrees but are smooth as glass
at 90 degree. I'm using a WWII which is about a month old. The cuts are along
the grain and seem to be tearing along the wood fibers. The poplar wood I was
using before seemed very smooth at 45 degrees. Any suggestions.
Thanks

If I'm following you here, your are ripping at a 45 degree angle?
I think a clue might be that the poplar is coming out okay. Just a
guess would be that your blade may be more dull than you think.

Mike O.