Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when (J T)
wrote:

Duuno, but my dad used to work with a guy who rinsed the grease off
his hands with some type of chemical cleaner on a daily basis.

Any degreaser is bad new on your hands - humans are just made out of
too much grease. Anything that cleans them is also degreasing the
skin. There's a reason why my workshops always have barrier cream and
handcream to hand. (These days it's tradefair shea butter stuff -
much nicer than Nivea or Oil of Oily)

Then all of a sudden his
hands just kinda wrinkled up, and went all white.

He was lucky. Most of the workshop solvents that really are harmful
cause liver damage. Very nasty way to go 8-(

If the skin went white, might it have been hydrogen peroxide he was
splashing about ?