Patriarch

Jim Martin wrote in news:d12bef$s01$1
@news.xmission.com:

Is there a corner joint for boxes, drawers, etc that is made with three
pieces: the two parts plus something like a loose tenon?

The only thing I can think of is something like a spline joint but I'm
wondering if there is not something a bit more artistic and strong. I'm
imagining something you could make on a table saw that would look
something like a dovetail joint. It could made of different woods for
contrast.

Anybody? I am making any sense?

Thanks,

Jim

What you describe is called a dovetail keyed miter joint, at least in Gary
Rogowski's "Complete Illustrated Guide to Joinery", Taunton Press, 2002.
The joint is described elsewhere as well.

It's basically a specialized form of a keyed miter joint.

http://www.dovetailspline.com/creating_joints.html

Patriarch,
who has never done one that way before.