George

"Phisherman" wrote in message
First of all congrats on the treads--I wish I had such a find. The
cupping probably won't reverse over time if stickered. However,
here's a trick that may work:

On a hot sunny day place the cupped boards on the grass on a hot sunny
day. Place the boards in the orientation of "n" rather than "u."
The warm moisture from the grass will expand the wood fibers and tend
to make the boards less cupped. A moist heating pad might work just
as well, although it would take longer to do so many boards.

I learned this method from my father who used it to flatten warped
doors. It looked like crazy thing to do then left me amazed how well
it worked.

This works as well as it does for the same reason that stickering the pieces
which are now saturated one side works. Once the expanded fibers begin to
contract again, the wood returns to nearly the same configuration it held
prior to the first imbalance.

Once again, good information in Chapter two.
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fp.../fplgtr113.htm