Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Despite the fact that Americans, and English speakers in general, are
disproportionately represented, participation is worldwide, which has
led some over the years to suggest that Usenet can help people better
understand one another and bridge differences between countries and
cultures.

"disproportionately represented"? By whose standards? Something about
that paragraph just really rubbed a raw nerve.

We should stop posting until people of other languages catch up to us. Just
another reason we need a moderator here, to assure that all languages are
properly represented. There are approximately 172 English speaking people
on line, but only 163 million non-English speakers. Latvians and Eskimos are
severely under represented here. I think we should either post in those
languages, or stop until they catch up.

An alternative solution it so post in certain languages on certain day.
Sunday we'll do Aleutian, Slovakian, Korean. Mondays we will post in
Swahili, French, . . . . .