Tim Williams

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
I had my rod pointed upwards into the
weld just a little, maybe 10 degrees or so. Is that correct, or was I
supposed to lean it the other way? Pointing it down into the weld would
be more consistent with the way I hold it when welding flat. And would
that be the source of my starting problem?

My gut feeling is you'd want it pointed slightly into the deposited bead,
but then again I go out of my way to make my joints flat so I'm no exspurt
on this. g

Spring break now, so can't play anymore for a couple of weeks. Damn
vacation!

Bah! Get your own

Which reminds me, we got a 50A circuit put in, now I can weld in style at
maximum amperage... woohoo!
Now I just need to install the rectifier, and HF starter, and argon bottle,
and tungsten rod, and I'm set! ;-D

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."