Jerry G.

You can try to open a refurbishing for car remotes. You will have the
problem that there are no parts. The cost of analysis equipment required to
service the wireless part of them would make the whole business not worth
the setup costs.

These may not be expensive to manufacture, but there is a complete structure
of administration, and operating costs to keep these in inventory, keep
track of them, and to be selling them. This is the reason for the high cost.
In the end, I doubt very much if the dealer is making more than about 15% on
it at the very most. It is the same for all these spare parts.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
Just got my car back from the dealer after it's 75K mile service. Along
with the car, we brought in one of the remote clickers because one of the
four buttons (door-open) didn't work while the other three were fine. "No
way to repair", the service manager says, "we'll have to order you a
replacement."

"How much, we ask?"

"$300!" he replied with a smirk on his face.

I'm definitely in the wrong business and I suspect most of us are as well.
I think I'll open a car clicker refurbishing shop when I retire later this
year.

Norm