Ann

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 04:41:47 +0000, Ivan Vegvary wrote: ...
Be very careful with all tanks. There have been many instances of
purged tanks, at scrap yards, exploding and killing people months and
years after purging. The product is imbedded on the walls of the tank
and evaporates for a long, long time. e.g. tanks that are properly
cleaned and safe can become dangerous by letting them sit for a long
time.

Years ago, a man brought some sort or tank or drum that had held gasoline
in to the shop where my father worked. Don't recall if he wanted it
welded or cut, but my father refused to do it. Then, to demonstrate that
he'd gotten the tank "clean", the man lit a (wood) match and stuck his
hand in the tank. He hadn't.

Also, what about the glop that's left when gas deteriorates/evaporates; is
it flammible?