Wilson Lamb

He probably means he wants to nose the piece...rounding from both sides, so
there's no place for the bearing to run on the second pass.
Wilson
"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ron" wrote:

Afternoon all,

I need to round over the edge of a piece of 3/4" ROak with a 9" dia.

Is there an easy and safe way to do this on a router table. I could
place a
pin
(bolt) in the router table about 2" from the bit and use it as a guide,
but,
not sure if
that's a good idea or not. Any thoughts on this method?

Or is it better to secure it to a larger piece of wood and use a handheld
router?
Problem here is 'hiding' the holes on the top (good) side.
Would carpet tape hold it in place well enough?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Ron

Is there a reason you can't use a round-over bit with a bearing?
In that case a table would be sufficiently safe to use.

http://www.carbide.com/catalog/RBits...pID=0201.02.01