Rich

"Olaf" wrote in message

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

I've wondered about those kind of units. Perhaps you can satisfy my
curiousity:

If, after pushing the button and using some hot water, you want to draw
a glass of cold water. Do you have to leave the "cold" water running for
a while to get the tepid water out of it's line before it becomes cold?

Thanks,

Jeff

Does this unit pump the water back through the cold line? I see there are
only 2 fittings coming out of the pump. Wouldn't a dedicated pump return
line be necessary to keep the problem above from happening?

No thats the intention of these units you don't have to add more plumbing.
There is an adjustment knob on the unit that allows you to set what the temp
should be when the pump cuts out. I start the unit and get undressed then
head for the shower and the water is hot, don't have to wait 50 seconds for
my softened water and previously heated too water going down the drain.