SQLit

"blueman" wrote in message
I was working last night on an electrical circuit that was shut off at
the breaker.

Nevertheless, the voltage from neutral to ground and from hot to
ground both measured about 30V. This was enough to cause my voltage
probe to buzz and to even cause a compact flourescent to light
dimly. The current across the circuit however measure just 0.7 mA.

Am I correct in assuming that this is probably just induced voltage
from neighboring wires that run alongside it or is there potentially
something more serious and sinister going on?

Thanks!

You fail to tell where you were working. If it was in your home then you
definitely have some wiring problems. Neutral grounded at than the service
comes to mind.

finding the problem you can try turning off circuits one at a time until the
problem goes away. Then a physical inspection of every box on both circuits
may lead you to a solution

If your at work then who knows. I have seen over 30 v when low voltage
conductors were run in the same conduit as medium voltage conductors. Took
us for ever to find it. I never believed anyone would be that stupid to do
what we found.