Edwin Pawlowski

"davma" wrote in message

We're thinking about replacing the floorboards & railings on our 400 + sq.
deck the previous homeowners put in. They are in bad shape as they sat 8
years untreated.

Figuring carefully planned cuts using a sawzall should keep the floor
joists intact and make removal much easier. Boards are in with screws so
just prying them up full length wouldn't be so easy.

If they are in with screws, you'd be far better off removing the screws as
opposed to tearing them out.

If the deck is 8 years old and structurally sound, I'd not even think about
replacing the boards. I'd clean and re-stain them. It is cheaper, much
easier and will look just as good.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/