David Efflandt

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:54:45 -0500, Sandy O. wrote:
Hi, could anyone tell me how to install a window a/c through a brick
wall? Thanks, all appriciated. Sandy

There are a/c units specifically made for wall installation. I don't know
how long they typically last, but the one I have appears to be almost 40
years old (before the manufacturer used their current serial number
system). On the other hand, a 2nd floor window shaker that looks like
current models (installed by previous owner) only lasted me 1 summer.

Something to consider is that future wall shakers may not be the same size
as current models.

If you do not want to hack up your nice brick wall, you may want to
consider a mini-split unit. It has the evaporator inside and condensor
outside, connected with freon lines and power (small hole). They are more
expensive, but do not require chopping a big hole out of your brick wall.