Bob S.

James wrote:

My thoughts: Perhaps I will get a pre-amp that will produce about

20 db
of gain. I will mount it inside. The 50 ft of coax will have a

loss of
perhaps 5 db, so I have a net of 15 db gain at the tv. This will

be more
than enough for the vhf stations that are pretty close, but I am not

sure
about the uhf station 25 miles away. It would seem to be good

enough for
that as well.

What do you think ?? Thanks for any advice !!

--james--

As others have stated, you probably won't need a preamp for signal
gain. However, I use a low gain preamp as lightning protection for the
tv's input circuitry. I figure it's better to replace a $20 preamp than
to replace a $500 tv.
Bob