Lobster

Default Damaged flat concrete roof

I've got an old brick shed with a concrete slab roof; watertight at the
mo, but in one corner (external) the surface of the concrete has broken
up under the influence of weather; probably an inch deep? in a 4-5 inch
slab. Think it's got visibly worse over the winter.

If this was an indoor repair, I'd be brushing out the loose stuff,
treating with PVA solution, put some shuttering around the corner, and
then fill and seal with mortar or concrete; however PVA presumably won't
cut the mustard here.

So how would this best be repaired? I'm sure some form of treatment of
the old surface would be in order, but what? And can I use just a
sand/cement mix (easier) or would concrete be needed?

Cheers
David