Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 03:16:38 GMT, Rick Cook
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:51:25 GMT, Badger
wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

Of course you can. This is nothing new. In 1963 a bunch of people were
driving around in gas turbine powered Chryslers, that could run on just
about anything including whiskey and perfume (both were demonstrated).

Typical Americans, late again, Rover had a jet engined car in 1950.....

Niel ;-)

Yeah, but ours actually ran more than 50 miles between mechanic's
sessions. :-)

[As a former owner of a Sterling, I can say that]

--Actually the turbo-Rover did quite well at Le Mans, IIRC, ....

before
retiring with mechanical failure.

Umm, yep, my point exactly. My Sterling was a dream to drive, too.
Great pickup, smooth ride, nice amenities -- problem was I spent most of my
time enjoying all that on the trips to the repair shop. Rover mechanicals
with Lucas electronics -- there's a combination made in [not] heaven.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody