Rick Cook

AAvK wrote:
How do you know how hard they are? Your photos of the edges over in the
binaries group show all the signs of too-soft steel. If they were really RC 59 I'd think they'd be more likely to chip the edge
than curl it. That would be true even if they were sharpened too acutely to use with a mallet, like paring chisels.

If you're relying on what Buck Bros told you about the hardness, well. .

--RC

I only know by what http://www.craftsmanstudio.com/ says about them.
RC 59. But thanks for the tip... neither Buck Bros. nor the Riverlin works
has a website. You are saying stuff without reading the rest of the thread
brudda...

Uh wrong. I've been following the thread with some interest, after I saw
the pictures you posted.

--RC