George

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 12 Mar 2005 06:05:28 -0800, the inscrutable "Charlie Self"
spake:

George responds:

Oklahoma Credit Card....

After watching other people do it all the time (and having done it
once myself) I designed a foolproof siphon system which guaranteed
that I ended up with no gas in the mouth. I took a rubber toilet float
and punched two holes in the top. Into the smaller hole I placed a
piece of 3/8" aquarium hose. Into the larger hole I placed the 7'
piece of stiff garden hose. Place the hose in the tank, slide the
"stopper" to the filler, and blow. You can put enough pressure
differential into the larger hose to get it to flow instantly without
risk of "fume mouth". I used it to fill my lawnmower gas cans.

The make 'em with pump and valve nowadays, but that's for sissies. The
excitement of ripping a quick five gallons in a poorly-lit parking lot would
be much less if you couldn't get a mouthful from hyperventilation....

The Oklahoma reference I learned from Texans. Here they're also referred to
as Finnish credit cards.