Mark

Well, unless the paranoids have taken it out of circulation, there is
liquid tinning stuff sold in electronics shops (got mine a future/active
a few years ago). Dip Copper, brush on, etc. NOW, it may not like the
base metal enough to plate out. Sn is more active than Cu, but if the
pan is Iron, forget it. /mark

Spurtle wrote:

Greetings,

I have some old special pie baking tins which I use, but alas the tin
plate has worn away and rust now stains the pastry in places.
I would like to know how to re-plate them myself. I would prefer using
hot dip method to gain maximum coating thickness. I sent some of them
away for (very expensive) electro re-plating a few years ago, but the
electro's have worn out already while some that have never been
re-plated are still going OK.

Have googled and been to my local library without finding any advice.
Looking for preferably a step by step "how to".

Cheers
Spurtle