On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:45:57 -0500, someone wrote:

I would like to get some opinions about selling a home.

DO NOT undertake renovations or updates.

Don't even paint, let someone pick their own colors.

Only fix actual damage or defects like a leaking pipe.

You will not make money on repairs. You will waste time. Sell it for
less, as-is, you will be better off. How much of your life do you
want to spend overseeing home imporvement projects for no pay on a
house which is being sold anyway.

Personally, I would get an agent and let them do their job. Less
trouble for you and fewer gripes about how you didn't sell it right as
a FSBO.

Has anyone on this NG asked you to phone them yet? Just wondering if
the vultures were descending....