Kevin

John Walters wrote:
I have a pair of sliding closet doors that need 1/2" cut off the ends.
These doors are old and I don't want to have to repaint them. What would be
the best way to trim them without splintering?

Thanks,
John Walters

Lay a strip of masking tape on both front and back of the door along
the length of the cut. Assuming you're using a circular saw, work
from the back of the door so the blade's rotation is cutting into the
face, leaving any splintering on the unseen backside. Also use a
cross-cut or finishing blade, not a rip or combo; more teeth=smoother cut.