Ed Cregger

"Ian St. John" wrote in message
Ed Cregger wrote:
"Keith Schiffner" wrote in message

snip
Keith Schiffner
History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any
rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to
stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most
people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to
derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.
Robert Heinlein

I like your signature. Kind of makes it unlikely that either of us
would be Baptists. Heinlein was my hero.

He was a very popular crank, and I derived much pleasure froms his words,
such as the above. However, his philosophies tended to be a bit too
extreme
and fail the 'reality test'. The idea, for example, of the universal man,
able to pilot a supertanker, argue a court case, smelt ores, and change a
dirty diaper with equal ease and competence.

I don't take anything very seriously, so his eccentricity was of no matter
to me. I did appreciate his sentiment, though.

Heinlein may have been influenced by Edgar Rice Burroughs' "Fighting Man of
Mars" series of stories. Now there was a man (Burroughs) that put religion
in its proper perspective. No, I am not anti religion. I just have a
skeptical view of such things, whether it be absolutes in religion,
politics, philosophy, etc.

Ed Cregger