Art Todesco

First, you have to know what is the problem. Years ago I found that my
kitchen hot water actually went under the basement floor. It would take
forever to get hot water and 2 minutes later it was not hot any more. I
found the warm basement floor when walking down there with bare feet. I
re-routed it overhead and insulated it. I also connected it directly to
the pipe at the top of the water heater .... previously it went about 20
feet around and around. Problem fixed. Now I have a problem with a
bathroom sink. It only takes about 12 ro 14 seconds to get hot water,
however, and ironically, the top of the water heater is only about 3
feet from the sink itself. Again, it is connected to a pipe that goes
around and around. I can't really change this until I remove the water
heater (which is close to end of life). So, it will be done in the
future.

W.D. wrote:

When using the ho****er in my Atlanta home it takes about 70 seconds for it
to get hot irrespective of which faucet I'm using in the house. This is
inconvenient, and a waste of water. The water heater is new, the temp is
high enough, and the water pressure is adequate. Any suggestions on how to
'fix' this? My first thoughts are to insulate the pipes in the crawl space
but I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make as I'm thinking it
will still take 70 seconds for the water in the pipes to be 'pushed' through
before the hot stuff starts flowing. So maybe I'll get lukewarm rather than
cold water for 70 seconds but it still won't be hot? Other solutions?

W.D.