Lurch

On 12 Mar 2005 14:01:14 -0800, "antgel" strung
together this:

Thanks for that. I'm planning on an Ikea kitchen, and need to find out
if they even sell a unit that can hold a built-in washing machine.
They don't supply washing machines, so it's quite possible that they
don't have a suitable fitting. There is an oven unit -
but I'm not sure if that is suitable, and it doesn't have a door.

No, oven housings will be designed for the oven to sit on the bottom,
washers don't. You can get semi-recessed built in washing machines
that just sit inside the cabinet. The door of the cabinet opens and
there it is, a washing machine.
Not being familiar with Ikea kitchens I can't be of much more use.

Another question - does a built-in washing machine stand on the floor,
or in
the kitchen cabinet?

On the floor.
--