Lurch

Default Help! RCD Keeps tripping on new wiring

On 7 Apr 2004 14:35:33 GMT, in uk.d-i-y
(Andrew Gabriel) strung together this:

In article ,
"Neil Jones" writes:

My CU is a Memera 2000 and apparently I can add an RCD pod to the
existing MCBs which will upgrade them to RCBOs - is it worthwhle to do
this or should I just change the MCB for an RCBO, where I want RCD
protection? I don't think there's much of a price difference.

You will find that the MEM RCBO you buy is simply an MCB and
RCBO pod clipped together. If they do one in exactly the rating
combination you want (not all variations are available preassembled),
then you might as well go for it. Note that you are not supposed to
disassemble the MCB and RCBO from each other once assembled, even if
it is one you assembled yourself. (I've been tempted once or twice,
but in the end never actually needed to.)

Also be careful as the Memshield 2 commercial range works the same way
but they seem to have different MCB part numbers, so I would assume
they aren't interchangable unless someone can confirm they are.

They are interchangable, it's the short circuit capacity that's the
only difference AFAIK, 6kA for the Memera 2000 and 10kA for the
Memshield 2.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.