bof

In message , Maria
writes
I have a Victorian house and my bannister thingy has a broken upright.
I can't remember what they are called - it's the turned decorative
thing that supports the rail.

Anyone any idea where I could get a replacement off the shelf (apart
from reclamation), or would I probably have to get one made?

I looked around for a while (inc. reclaims) to try and find matching
Victorian spindles and newel post, there's hundreds of designs out
there, and none of them matched. Ended up getting a local wood turner to
copy one of the undamaged spindles and turn a newel from a pattern I
gave him, wasn't particularly costly.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk