Jeff

"brush-head"
wrote in message ...
hello
I hope someone may be able to help or point me in the right direction.
I have some tubular chromed chairs with leather back and seats. They've
been up in the loft a few years and after cleaning them up am trying to
reassemble them.
The tubes are joined together with 2 inch self tapping (at least they
look like they're self tappers)screws and a spacing sleeve.

Two of these chairs have one of the four holes that take these screws,
blocked with a piece of broken screw. Now I know that I would drill
these bits out but, not being a consummate DIYer, I thought I'd ask this
group, the best way of doing this and if there are any gadgets around
that would make this easier/safer. I obviously want to avoid damaging
the thread that's been cut in the tubes by the previously unbroken screws.

The other question I have is how do I go about determining the size of
the thread for these screws? Or do I just go trying various packets in
B&Q and Homebase until I find the right ones - it's difficult on sites
like Screwfix and can work out expensive if you get the wrong ones.
Thanks for any help anyone can give.
--

If you cant grab 'em with pliers or wiggle 'em out with a small screwdriver
then get a small punch and a big hammer :-)

Regards Jeff