NSM

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

The L3-Com prototype was so poorly designed we kept the mockup on
display in the Manufacturing Engineering office for everyone to see how
not to do things. It was flimsy, poorly laid out and would have been a
nightmare on the production floor.

A lot of the software out there is not designed any better. I worked for
three years on very large database systems. Occasionally, for amusement, I
would tell my co-workers that as I walked in the door on my first day I was
concerned that I would be unable to measure up to the knowledge and skill of
the other people there. Inevitably they would break out in hysterical
laughter, tears streaming down their faces.

"To retain respect for sausages and laws, one must not watch them in the
making.". Otto von Bismarck