Charlie Self

Nate Perkins laments:
The really tragic thing is that now the administration has dragged

the
US into Iraq, there seems to be very little thought given to what must
be done to win there. We still try to fight it on the cheap, and we
act
like positive speeches are a substitute for effective policy and
actions. God forbid the Bushies should put aside their hubris for a
minute and think about strategy and performance.

Jesus! That reminds me of a speech I gave a bunch of kids in college
about '66, Vietnam. I was a veteran against the war, but, at that
point, mostly because we were trying to fight it on the cheap and with
Korean War weaponry.

Historic repetition will have us all spinning in our graves.