Larry Jaques

On 12 Mar 2005 06:05:28 -0800, the inscrutable "Charlie Self"
spake:

George responds:
Ugh. Nasty, and every burp for hours tastes like gasoline,

but it sure isn't fatal (kept me afraid to light a cigarette for two
days, though). Or if it is fatal, it is sure slow acting: more than

50
years since I tried that one.

Oklahoma Credit Card....

Well, hell. I've got family in Oklahoma somewhere, but I haven't heard
from them in 50 years, either. But my CC was in Westchester County,
NY...specifically, just outside Katonah.

After watching other people do it all the time (and having done it
once myself) I designed a foolproof siphon system which guaranteed
that I ended up with no gas in the mouth. I took a rubber toilet float
and punched two holes in the top. Into the smaller hole I placed a
piece of 3/8" aquarium hose. Into the larger hole I placed the 7'
piece of stiff garden hose. Place the hose in the tank, slide the
"stopper" to the filler, and blow. You can put enough pressure
differential into the larger hose to get it to flow instantly without
risk of "fume mouth". I used it to fill my lawnmower gas cans.

As a teenager, my buddy with the super hot '67 GTO used an RV water
pump and a 50' hose to fill his tank from unsuspecting RVs. That Goat
with the 6-packed 389 V-8 really sucked gas. He'd put the outlet into
his tank, switch the pump on, and stick the hose in the RV tank. 5
minutes later, he was full. He was really lucky he was never caught at
that during Carter's Gas Rationing Days.

--
Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof.
----