Harvey Levin

Get you one of those router mats that sell for about $8 and use the router
by hand. Nothing moves once you set the piece on the mat. Just be sure
that the depth of the bit isn't so deep that you cut through the mat while
you rout.

And I'm not saying how I know you should avoid that....

"Ron" wrote in message
Afternoon all,

I need to round over the edge of a piece of 3/4" ROak with a 9" dia.

Is there an easy and safe way to do this on a router table. I could place
a pin
(bolt) in the router table about 2" from the bit and use it as a guide,
but, not sure if
that's a good idea or not. Any thoughts on this method?

Or is it better to secure it to a larger piece of wood and use a handheld
router?
Problem here is 'hiding' the holes on the top (good) side.
Would carpet tape hold it in place well enough?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Ron