Owain

chopsaw wrote:
Does it matter how closely junction boxes and fcus are spaced on a ring
circuit? I need to supply seven sockets and four individual appliances
in one room from a ring. To make a neat job I propose to mount the
junction boxes and fcus on a board about five feet long in the loft
above the room and run the spurs from this board to the room sockets
and appliances.
Would appreciate any comments.

The design of the ring assumes that the load will be reasonably evenly
distributed. There is guidance that spurs should not exceed the number
of sockets on the ring, and if you are adding 7 sockets as spurs that
may take you over. Adding them all at one point may create an
unacceptable point load. Depending on what the 'four individual
appliances' are, your plan may be either a departure from best practice,
or completely stupid. It does not sound a 'neat' job.

Why can't you either

(a) extend the ring properly, or
(b) run a new radial circuit

Owain