John Stumbles

Mary Fisher wrote:

And you haven't addressed the workroom philophy - that of hiding large
equipment which is exactly the same as hiding kitchen applicances.

You could look at it as having them match rather than hiding them. Is it
really any more 'hiding' them than having the works covered over rather
than being open to the world like a Richard Rogers building? Seems to me
a matter of personal taste. Must say though: I find it a PITA when I'm
looking for the fridge in someone else's kitchen and you have to open
every door until you find it!

It wasn't expensive to do. The sink and toilet cost the same as a similar
quality freestanding suite. The cabinet was made from T&G boards and 2x3
studs.

I remember that becoming fashionable in the 1950s, my mother boxed in
everything she could. It made more ledges to dust ...

I've come across some lovely cast-iron roll-top baths crudely boxed in
with hardboard & the like!

Each to his own.

exactly