Mike Henry

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:03:34 -0600, "Mike Henry"
wrote:

If you are looking for a 60 amp Square D QO GFCI breaker, I can make you
good deal on one that's only been tripped a couple of times g.

Sell it to someone with an electric hot tub and a SquareD QO panel
feeding it. That's the only practical use for one - but check the
wire gauge and load charts first, they usually take a 50.

If you are looking for a GFCI breaker for equipment protection
against an internal fault you want one with a 30ma trip, not the 3ma
trip for a "Class A" personnel protection ratings.

30ma is enough to catch a grounded motor with minimal nuisance
trips, as long as people aren't going to be sticking their finger
inside... I know Siemens/Murray makes them, not sure about SquareD.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545

Thanks Bruce. Now that you mention it, I believe that Square D did
recommend the 30 ma trip breaker for this application when I'd called about
the frequent tripping.. Its been several years and I'd completely forgotten
about that.