Karl Vorwerk

You might want to try the old way. http://www.finishing.com/255/53.shtml
I've tried to do it this way once using nontoxic pewter and my results were
good in some places and not so good in others. It certainly seems like
something that could be learned with some practice. I don't remember but I
probably used a wadded paper towel as the swab. I seem to remember the paper
towel browned and smoked but didn't ignite. I think my main problem was
insufficient prep in the cleaning. I used a torch. I think charcoal would be
better for more even heat or maybe a gas stove top.
Karl

Karl

"Spurtle" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have some old special pie baking tins which I use, but alas the tin
plate has worn away and rust now stains the pastry in places.
I would like to know how to re-plate them myself. I would prefer using hot
dip method to gain maximum coating thickness. I sent some of them away
for (very expensive) electro re-plating a few years ago, but the electro's
have worn out already while some that have never been re-plated are still
going OK.

Have googled and been to my local library without finding any advice.
Looking for preferably a step by step "how to".

Cheers
Spurtle