Eric

xrongor wrote:

"Eric" wrote in message
xrongor wrote:

"Greg O" wrote in message

"User" wrote in message
news:sysWd.3036$Ru.1580@okepread06...
Should I renew the waranty or keep the $300?

Look back at the money you have spent on premiums. Then look at what
you have had repaired. My bet is you have spent many times more in
premiums than what the insurance has covered. A second bet is that if
you had saved to money for yourself that you paid in premiums you could
buy a new
heat pump with it, and have money left over.
Greg

just because you never needed it, doesnt mean its not a good idea. ive
payed much more in car insurance than ive used. i could still hit a kid
tomorrow and get sued for a million bucks....

which isnt to say this person should or shouldnt renew the warranty.
just
that its a matter of risk vs reward and should be analyzed as such. its
not so simple to just say i didnt need it in the past therefore i
shouldnt
get it.

randy

Insurance is a scam, they go out of their way to instill the fear of an
accident or other calamity in you so you'll buy it but the risk is quite
low. Then if you do have a claim, lots of times they get out of paying
because you didn't quite fit the conditions of the policy. Finally, once
you've had a claim they raise your rates to get the money back. If they
cant get it all back that way then they raise everyone's rates till they
do.
The insurance companies were so successful in this scam that now car
insurance (for example) is required. But consider this: if everyone is
required to have car insurance, why did the cost of "uninsured motorists"
coverage rise?
Sure, you could hit a kid tomorrow (God Forbid!) and be sued for a
million bucks, but the chances are slim and the only chance of getting a
million buck is if you do have insurance. If most people didn't have
insurance the average lawsuit amount would be far far less than the
million you worry about - after all... you cant get blood out of a
turnip. Eric

if you dont think its worth it, dont buy it..

hating the system doesnt seem like the best way to base your decision..

randy

Thats the problem , I HAVE to buy it, i don't have a choice, its mandated by
law in some cases and in others its impossible to avoid it. And where do
you get the idea that "I hate the system"? You must be an insurance
salesman trying to divert the topic... if so then you know as well as I
do what a scam it is, ranking right up there with the song and dance you get
from car dealer's - they talk a good game but when looked at honestly its
complete baloney.
Eric

--
In the 2004 election King County found "missing ballots" 9 times
Each time, in response to vote counts they didnt like