Edwin Pawlowski

"Dee" wrote in message
It may be God's way of telling her this is not really good furniture to
have in your home. Not a dining room table, I hope )

No kidding. :-) Well I got some more details. I was pleased to learn
they're
wood plant stands that will be used on a patio. (I think I'd just buy new
ones.)
Thanks for the suggestions of the shellac and (more) bleach. I'll pass it
along.

In the case of shellac, it is not a good outdoor product. However, it can
be used as a barrier and then recoated with polyurethane that is able to
stand the weather. Us a spar version like Helmsman by Minwax.