Lobster

chopsaw wrote:
Does it matter how closely junction boxes and fcus are spaced on a ring
circuit? I need to supply seven sockets and four individual appliances
in one room from a ring. To make a neat job I propose to mount the
junction boxes and fcus on a board about five feet long in the loft
above the room and run the spurs from this board to the room sockets
and appliances.

Sounds like a hell of a lot of spurs and jct boxes. Any reason why you
can't extend the existing ring to include all these sockets and fcus?
You'd have two cable drops down to each socket, with no jct boxes in the
loft other than maybe the first and last; each socket being linked
continuously to the next.

David