Andrew Mawson

"Spurtle" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have some old special pie baking tins which I use, but alas the

tin
plate has worn away and rust now stains the pastry in places.
I would like to know how to re-plate them myself. I would prefer

using
hot dip method to gain maximum coating thickness. I sent some of

them
away for (very expensive) electro re-plating a few years ago, but

the
electro's have worn out already while some that have never been
re-plated are still going OK.

Have googled and been to my local library without finding any

advice.
Looking for preferably a step by step "how to".

Cheers
Spurtle

I think it is no more than getting them ABSOLUTELY clean and hot
dipping in molten tin. Certainly this is how bearing caps are done.
The problem is the cleaning to chemically clean bare metal - possibly
you could sand blast them ?

AWEM