Jon Elson

Jim Stewart wrote:
Jon Elson wrote:

jim rozen wrote:

I had run that thing at the university of arizona
at tucson, in 1978. snip
This was nearly before the days of NC pcb machines, and for protoypting
work it was pretty nice.

No, actually the spindles and axis drives I have were RETIRED before
1978.
It was a complete CNC PCB drill by Excellon. It used a GE Mark Century
control, all discrete germanium transistors on single-sided
paper-phenolic
circuit boards. GHASTLY nightmare, I didn't even want to LOOK at the
horrible control! (Not CRT CNC, not even CNC, but tape NC, just enough
smarts to position to the X Y coords and stroke the drill.)

So it's the thing that takes the "drill tape"
file from my PCB CAD program.

Yup, that's right. What a horror. I was glad to leave all that to the
guy who was going to scrap the rest, with the 7 tons of granite!

Jon