I need a 3/4", 5 threads per inch ACME tap, but I can not find one!
It's the standard thread size for broom handles and paint rollers,

but
why doesn't anybody make one? Anyone know where to get one online?
Thanks!

This isn't exactly an Acme thread, if you look closely, you'll find
both root and crests are rounded on your mop handle. You can get taps
for threading wood from a lot of woodworking supply houses, even HF
carries them, although the choice of threads is limited. They usually
run $5-10, bottoming taps are a little more. A couple of outfits we
have here in town are also out on the web, Woodcraft and Rockler
Hardware, last I looked, both cataloged threading boxes and matching
taps for wood. Metalworking taps aren't really suited for woodworking,
you can usually get fairly fine-threaded ones to work but coarse ones
will probably just chew out the hole. The woodworking ones have one
cutting point at the start of the thread and the tap is hollow so that
the waste gets passed through a hole in front of the cutting face into
the center of the tap. I use an Arkansas slip to hone it before using.
You want that cutting face to cut, not scrape.

Stan