mike

In article . com,
"Caledonia" wrote:

I would also ditch the kitchen remodel idea and instead clean the house
(windows, do some landscaping, spruce up the exterior, whatnot).
Painting, refinishing the floors, and moving *everything* out of the
house d

I would agree. Clean up and paint but let the buyer do what they want
with the kitchen or other major projects. Why remodel and try to find
someone who likes it when instead the house could be anyone's
"potential"? I think people get most excited about finding ways to make
a house their own - remodeling the kitchen is one of the most popular
ways to do that.

If you're concerned that people will dismiss the house too quickly based
on the outdated kitchen, you could come up with some ideas (and maybe
estimates) for the kitchen (or other areas) to show when people look at
the house.

I wish my house's previous owners hadn't done a cheap-ass remodel of the
kitchen before selling.

(I would also agree with a previous poster who mentioned fully
understanding the tax consequences of anything you do. Tax
repercussions of inheritance are complex and little mistakes can have a
huge cost.)

*moc